Wardlaw + Hartridge Admission Checklist Info
Here you will find information about the application process and have access to all the forms you will need to complete your application. There is also a check list for you as you scroll down this page.
Wardlaw + Hartridge has a February 1 priority deadline. If all application materials, testing, and supporting documents have been submitted to us and the day visit has been completed, an admission decision will be mailed to you by March 1. Applications received after February 1 will be considered on a rolling admission basis.
- Review the sections below and submit all supplementary forms. Forms are provided in the resource section below.
- Complete the online application here.*
- Enter the necessary payment information (see specifics below).
- Click "Submit." Once the form is electronically submitted, you will receive an e-mail confirmation from The Wardlaw + Hartridge School.
A non-refundable application fee is required for all applications (domestic $75, international $200). You will be asked to pay this fee by credit card before submitting the application.
In addition to the online application, we request that several documents be completed and submitted to the Admission Office. See the supplemental forms below.
PreK - Grade 5: All applicants will be assessed on the day of their school visit. Grades 6-12: All applicants must take the ISEE (Independent School Entrance Examination) and submit the results to the Admission Office. To learn about test dates and locations, please visit iseetest.org. https://www.erblearn.org/parents/isee-overview For score reporting our school code is 311230.
Visit and Interview
A student visit and interview are required for all students applying to grades JK-12 (PreK applicants will visit with their parents for a half hour at 3pm on a school day). The applicant will be paired with a current student and lunch will be provided. The interview will take place during the student’s visit. Once the application and supporting documents have been submitted, please contact the Office of Admission to schedule a date, (908) 754-1882, Ext. 155.
As part of the admission process, The Wardlaw + Hartridge School requires that the parent(s)/guardian(s) of all applicants meet with a member of the Admission Team.
Request for Financial Aid
To apply for need-based Financial Aid visit www.TADS.com to complete the Parent Profile.
* Applicants can use one of two application methods: the W+H application (linked above) or the Standard Application Online (SAO) is also accepted.
- The Records Release Form must be signed and forwarded to the applicant's Principal, Head of School, Counselor or authorized officer.
- The Confidential School Report must be signed by the parent/guardian and forwarded to the applicant's Principal, Head of School or Guidance Counselor. The Confidential School Report must be returned to The Wardlaw + Hartridge School by the Principal, Head of School or Guidance Counselor who will return it directly to the Wardlaw + Hartridge Admission Office.
- One Teacher Evaluation form for candidates applying to JK-5 should be completed and returned to The Wardlaw + Hartridge School by the applicant’s current teacher. If your child is in grades, PK-1, please have your child's PK-1 teacher complete the form here and submit it. If your child is in grades 2-5, please have your child's 2-5 teacher complete the form here.
- Candidates applying for Grades 6-12 should have their current English and Math teacher complete the evaluation forms linked here.
- PLEASE NOTE: Applicants will be responsible for sending these links to the appropriate teacher for submission. Applications are not complete without these forms submitted by the appropriate teacher.