Over the years, friends and alumni/ae have wanted to make a planned gift but just did not know where to start. The Wardlaw + Hartridge School can help!
W-H has been a pillar of strength in education for over 130 years. To ensure the long-term strength of our school, we need to grow our endowment. Planned gifts provide the school with the resources to continue to pursue excellence and the ability to weather difficult economic times. A growing endowment translates into improved faculty compensation, opportunities for disadvantaged students, investments in technology and dramatic campus improvements.
The value of giving through estate planning:
- Discover ways to make larger gifts than you may have thought possible
- Learn how to make gifts that actually "give back" for a time, providing extra income in retirement years or helping to fund educational expenses and other needs
- Add meaning to your gift by using it to honor a special friend or loved one
- See how to save money on income, gift, and estate taxes and put these amounts to use in ways you choose
- Enjoy your giving more, knowing that you are investing in the lives of others in ways that allow you to give the most you can at the lowest possible cost
Examples of how people include Wardlaw + Hartridge in their planning:
- Bequests: assets left through wills, estate tax deduction, income tax avoidance
- Charitable Gift Annuity: Tax-deductible contribution, income for life, tax-preferred distribution
- Charitable Remainder Trust: Tax=deductible contribution, deferred realization of capital gains, lifetime income
- Gifts of Life Insurance: Tax deduction on cash value or premium, maximize gift, leave a legacy
For more information or to inform us if you have already made estate plans that include Wardlaw + Hartridge, please contact Bill Jenkins, Assistant Head for Institutional Advancement, at (908) 754-1882, Ext. 111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.